Posted: August 2nd, 2022
assignment templet and instructions attached
Instructional Design and Development
Week 4 Assignment – Needs Analysis
YOUR NAME GOES HERE
Dr. Hau Nguyen – Course Instructor
August 1, 2022
In this section, briefly introduce what you will write and provide a statement for the purpose of this assignment.
The Learner Characteristics
In this section, discuss the educational background, age, experience, and pre-existing knowledge of the affected students.
Data Collection Outline
In this section, discuss factors that may cause acquisition of knowledge (contextual analysis), what is the specific problem that students need to do in order to learn (job analysis), steps that are needed to complete or reach specific goal (s) based on the identified problem (task analysis), the current state of learning versus the desired state (knowledge or performance gap).
Rationale for Using the Learning Theory for the Project
In this section, provide a rationale for the learning theory that best frames the design of your project.
1. Valerie Strauss. 2020. Five Concerns About the Mass Rush to Online Learning That Shouldn’t Be Ignored. https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/03/30/five-concerns-about-mass-rush-online-learning-that-shouldnt-be-ignored/
2. Gary. R. Morrison. 2019. Designing Effective Instruction. EDU533 Blackboard Course
3. Englemann, S., & Carnine, D. (1991). Theory of instruction: Principles and applications (Rev. ed.). Eugene, OR: ADI Press.
Name of person you are reviewing for:
|Peer Review – Needs Analysis|
1. Identified a learning problem/need.
· Category of need
2. Needs analysis – Completed a task analysis.
· What the learner does.
· What the learner needs to know.
3. Needs analysis – Completed a contextual analysis.
· Cues that inform the learner there is a problem.
· Strengths in the environment.
· Potential obstacles in the environment.
4. Writing mechanics, grammar, and formatting was consistently free from grammar, spelling, punctuation errors or formatting issues.
In Week 1, you identified a need (such as new equipment, expanding curriculum, change in procedures, and so forth) that you want to address through the instructional curriculum you will create for your class project. You also provided a rationale concerning why the problem or need exists, and you outlined a goal for the project. Each course assignment will serve as a building block for the final project. The final project will culminate in an instructional design plan to address the identified need. The purpose of this assignment is to document the foundation of the instructional design process, the needs analysis—learner characteristics, contextual analysis, job analysis (if appropriate), and task analysis.
Write a 2–4 page needs analysis in which you:
· Discuss the learner characteristics that are relevant to designing an effective course for your audience.
. Educational background.
. Pre-existing knowledge.
· Outline the data you would collect for the contextual analysis, job analysis (if appropriate), and task analysis for your project.
. Contextual analysis: Factors that may contribute or hinder knowledge acquisition and transfer of learning.
. Job analysis (if appropriate): Description of the job function. (Position description.)
. Task analysis: Observation of the steps needed to complete the task at an expert level.
. Knowledge or performance gap: Current state versus desired state.
· Provide a rationale for the learning theory that best frames the design of your project.
. Select a learning theory that supports the design of your course.
. Support your rationale with an example of how you applied the learning theory.
· Use two sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
· Conduct a needs assessment, learner analysis, and contextual or job/task analysis to guide the development of a learning experience.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.