Posted: August 23rd, 2021
SOCW 6311: Social Work Research in Practice II
Please note that this is a master level course so master level work. Please check the grammar, use APA format and you have to use the reading that I have provided to you. You must answer all the questions that I post. Thank you.
Program Evaluation: What, Why, and How
• Dudley, J. R. (2014). Social work evaluation: Enhancing what we do. (2nd ed.) Chicago, IL: Lyceum Books.
o Chapter 1, “Evaluation and Social Work: Making the Connection” (pp. 1–26)
o Chapter 4, “Common Type of Evaluations” (pp. 71–89)
o Chapter 5, “Focusing an Evaluation” (pp. 90–105)
• Logan, T. K., & Royse, D. (2010). Program evaluation studies. In B. Thyer (Ed.), The handbook of social work research methods (2nd ed., pp. 221–240). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
• W. K. Kellogg Foundation. (2017). The step-by-step guide to evaluation: How to become savvy evaluation consumers. Retrieved from https://www.wkkf.org/resource-directory/resource/2010/w-k-kellogg-foundation-evaluation-handbook
o Chapter 4, “Overview of the Evaluation Process That Reflects Evaluation Thinking”
o Chapter 5, “Preparing for the Evaluation”
o Chapter 6, “Determine Stakeholders and Engage Them in Evaluation”
o Chapter 7, “Developing a Logic Model, Evaluation Questions, “Measurement Framework, and Evaluation Plan”
o Chapter 8, “Data Collection and Analysis”
o Chapter 9, “Summarize, Communicate and Reflection on Evaluation Findings”
Assignment: Developing a Program Evaluation
To ensure the success of a program evaluation, a social worker must generate a specific detailed plan. That plan should describe the goal of the evaluation, the information needed, and the methods and analysis to be used. In addition, the plan should identify and address the concerns of stakeholders. A social worker should present information about the plan in a manner that the stakeholders can understand. This will help the social worker receive the support necessary for a successful evaluation.
To prepare for this Assignment, identify a program evaluation you would like to conduct for a program with which you are familiar. Consider the details of the evaluation, including the purpose, specific questions to address, and type of information to collect. Then, consider the stakeholders that would be involved in approving that evaluation. Review the resources for samples of program evaluations.
Developing a Program Evaluation
• A 1-page stakeholder analysis that identifies the stakeholders, their role in the agency and any concerns that they might have about the proposed program evaluation
• A 2- to 3-page draft of the program evaluation plan to submit to the stakeholders that:
o Identifies the purpose of the evaluation
o Describes the questions that will be addressed and the type of information that will be collected
• Addresses the concerns of the stakeholders that you identified in your
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.