Posted: June 11th, 2022
Please see the attached documents. I think the most important notes to read for this assignment are highlighted in yellow in the file titled “Organizational Culture”, BUT please let me know if any questions or concerns arise.
Theme 1: Organizational Structures
Why It Matters: Organizational Structures
The Purpose of Organization
Common Organizational Structures
Factors Impacting Organizational Design
Current Trends in Organization and Job Design
Putting It Together: Organizational Structures
Theme 2: Organizational Culture and Diversity
Why It Matters: Culture and Diversity
Key Dimensions of Organizational Culture
Influences on Organizational Culture
Putting It Together: Culture and Diversity
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
– Please cite your work in your responses
– Please use APA (7th edition) formatting
– All questions and each part of the question should be answered in detail (Go into depth)
– Response to questions must demonstrate understanding and application of concepts covered in class,
– Use in-text citations and at LEAST 2 resources per discussion from the school materials that I provided to support all answers.
– The use of course materials to support ideas is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
– Responses MUST be organized (Should be logical and easy to follow)
– Include at least 2 references and include in-text citations.
This project will view a video and discuss the assigned organization’s organizational culture and organizational structure.
Outcome Met by Completing This Assignment
· Organize human, physical, and financial resources for the effective and efficient attainment of company’s goals.
How to Set Up the Paper
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced using 12-point font. The final product will be 5-6 pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages. Write clearly and concisely.
Provide a title page with a title, date, your name, course, and section number, and the instructor’s name.
You have been hired as an associate for a software company, Dysfunctional Software. Dysfunctional Software offers support solutions to a wide range of software issues and business needs. Dysfunctional’s client list exceeds 500 businesses in the United States and 200 businesses in other countries. The company has recently started to experience significant and rapid growth. As a result of the recent growth, Dysfunctional Software realizes it must respond to client and market demands more rapidly. Dysfunctional Software knows that it needs to attract and retain the highest quality employees in the market to develop a sustained competitive advantage. Accordingly, Dysfunctional Software desires to establish an organizational culture and climate that maximizes individual efficiency, productivity, and job satisfaction.
Your manager, Harry Harried, has asked you to help create a recruiting video for Dysfunctional Software that will entice potential new employees to work there and provide ideas management can pursue to explore to ensure a positive work culture is developed that maximizes efficiency and productivity at the corporate and individual level. He wants to portray Dysfunctional as a company with a deep commitment to its employees, a positive corporate culture, and employees embracing its core values and enjoying coming to work.As background for the task of developing the video, Mr. Harried provides you with a recruiting video for Spotify, acknowledged as a world-class employer by its 30-country global workforce. Mr. Harried believes that Spotify is an exceptional company in terms of itsapproachto employees, its hiring practices, its organizational culture, and its organizational structure.
You are requested to view the video on Spotify: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar4lq1l8pAc
(You may need to right-click on the link and open it in a new window.) Mr. Harried also requires you to read the material he has assigned (i.e., your course material for this project).
After viewing the video read the assigned project material, you must write a report to Mr. Harried covering the information requested below. For the report, you are using only the Spotify video and course materials. If additional sources are used, no credit will be awarded for those sources.
Use the following center
headings and instructions to complete the project.
· Write an Introduction paragraph. The introduction paragraph is the first paragraph of the paper and will describe the paper’s intent to the reader, explaining the main points covered in the paper. The introduction ensures the reader knows exactly what is being covered in the paper. The introduction is often written after the paper is completed. (Use in-text citations as required.)
· Discuss the seven dimensions of organizational culture. (Use headings below and in-text citations as required.)
· Present examples for each of the seven dimensions of culture using Spotify’s organizational culture. Your description of Spotify’s organizational culture is accomplished by extracting facts from the video and matching those facts with the appropriate dimension descriptor. You must provide support, justification, and, where appropriate, in-text citation for the video facts matched with the dimension descriptors.(Use headings below and in-text citations as required.)
Seven Dimensions of Culture Discussion (Please underline each of the 7 dimensions as you discuss that dimension.Use headings below and in-text citations as required.)
Spotify’s Video Facts/Examples (Please underline each cultural dimension as you match it to the Spotify video facts and examples. Use in-text citations as required.)
· Discuss how Spotify uses its corporate culture to create a competitive advantage. Provide examples supported by your analysis, as drawn from the video information and the course materials. (Use in-text citations as required.)
· Identify and discuss Spotify’s organizational structure, as depicted in the video. Based on your examples ascertained from the video, use the course material to elaborate on your examples to fully explain the various types and aspects of organizational structure that you have selected from the video to analyze. (Use in-text citations as required.)
· Create a concluding paragraph. The conclusion paragraph highlights the major findings covered in the paper. (Use in-text citations as required.)
Review the Paper
Read the paper to ensure all required elements are present.
The following are specific requirements that you will follow. Use the checklist to mark off that you have followed each specific requirement.
Specific Project Requirements
Proofread your paper. Ensure your topic heading matches those above.
Read and use the grading rubric while completing the report to ensure all requirements are met to lead to the highest possible grade.
Third-person writing is required. Third-person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first-person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (the second person writing).If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link:http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
Contractions are not used in business writing, so do not use them.
Paraphrase and do not use direct quotations. Paraphrase means you do not use more than four consecutive words from a source document. Removing quotation marks and citing is inappropriate. Instead, put a passage from a source document into your own words and attribute the passage to the source document. There should be no passages with quotation marks. Using more than four consecutive words from a source document would require direct quotation marks. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks.
You are expected to use the provided weekly course materials to develop the analysis and support the reasoning. There should be a robust use of the course material. The material used from a source document must be cited and referenced. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks.
Use in-text citations and provide a reference list that contains the reference associated with each in-text citation.
You may not use books in completing this problem set unless they are part of the course material. Also, do not use a dictionary, Wikipedia or Investopedia, or similar sources.
Provide the page or paragraph number in every in-text citation. Since the eBook does not have page numbers, you must include the chapter title, section heading, and paragraph number.
For citations using a video, you must provide the minutes and second of the cited material.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.