Posted: September 19th, 2022
Early childhood educators are responsible for selecting safe and developmentally
appropriate toys for children of various age groups and stages of development. For toys
to be developmentally appropriate, the toys and materials used to make them must
meet the needs of children at a particular age and stage of development. When you’re
an early childhood educator, you’ll need to know what is both safe and developmentally
appropriate for the children for whom you’re buying toys. You should consider the
individual needs of each child who will use the toys.
Research the guidelines for selecting safe and developmentally appropriate toys for all
children ages birth to eight years. Then, select three specific toys you believe to be safe
and developmentally appropriate for children of a selected age group, and explain the
appropriateness of the toy as you answer a series of questions about each toy.
You’ll provide all of the requested information and answer all of the questions.
Research the appropriate guidelines for selecting toys for young children. This
information is available on the Internet and in many early childhood publications. Then,
write a short essay of 300-350 words summarizing many guidelines regarding toy safety
and developmental appropriateness. You’ll likely wish to include at least fifteen
guidelines in your essay.
In your essay, you must include in-text citations in APA format to indicate where the
information originated from. Utilize available resources in your course
(Links to an external site.)
if you are unfamiliar with how to correctly cite your research in-text and at the close of
Essays received without proper in-text citations and a References page in APA format
will be considered plagiarized, and the student will penalized according to EGCC’s
Teacher Education Department’s Academic Integrity Policy. Ensure you are correctly
citing all of your research in your essay.
Select one of the following age groups:
○ 6 to 12 months
○ 1 to 3 years
○ 3 to 5 years
Select three toys you believe to be safe, developmentally appropriate and educational
for a typical child within the age group you’ve selected. For each of the toys, provide
responses to the following questions using fully developed sentences and paragraphs:
○ Provide the full name of the toy, and the name of the manufacturer.
You must also include an image of the toy.
○ Provide a detailed description of the toy in your own words. Use
5-7 sentences to indicate, for example, the size of the toy, the
materials it’s made from, it’s purpose, how it is cleaned and
sanitized, how it is played with, how it is stored, its typical purchase
price and where it can be purchased, and other information you
wish to share.
Then, answer each of these questions, in at least two fully-developed paragraphs:
1. Why is this toy developmentally appropriate for a child in this age
2. Why is this toy educational? What can children learn by playing
with this toy?
3. Why is this toy appealing to a child in this age group?
4. Would a parent select this toy? Why or why not?
5. Would you select this toy to use with a child in this age group? Why
or why not?
6. Is the toy safe for young children? Why or why not?
7. What hazards could you anticipate with this toy? How can you
prevent the hazard from happening?
1. Type your submission, double-spaced, in a standard print font, size 12. Use a
standard document format with one-inch margins. (Times New Roman or
Arial are recommended fonts.)
2. Include a Title Page in APA format to include your full name, the name of this
project, the name and number of this course, and the date. You are not
required to have a running header for this assignment.
3. Read the assignment carefully, and include all of the necessary information.
Be sure to cite all of the websites and articles you use.
4. Include in-text citations in your essay, and a References page; use APA
format for both.
Prior to Submission, ensure that you have:
● Provided clear answers to the assigned questions
● Addressed the questions in complete sentences, not just simple yes or no
● Supported your opinion by citing specific information from credible information
you found online
● Focused on the assigned issues
● Written an essay in Part One with a minimum of 300-350 words, and have
fully responded to the 7 guiding questions, regarding the toys safety and
developmental appropriateness for the child, in Part Two.
● Completed your own work and are not submitting someone else’s work
● Correctly cited your research in-text and at the close of your paper in APA
● Used correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.