Posted: August 6th, 2022
Cost and Price Analysis (5-7 sentences)
· What are some pricing advantages and disadvantages in contracting with the government for business? Determine which major concern you believe is the most important to address and provide a rationale for your response.
· Thinking about a recent personal or professional project, consider what may have been direct and indirect costs of that project. Provide a brief summary of your project and identify each of the direct and indirect costs associated, providing an explanation for why they are direct or indirect. It is not necessary to provide the dollar amount of these costs, only the name of the costs and whether they are direct or indirect.
· Read the article
Solar Bait: How U.S. States Attract Solar Investments from Large Corporations
. After reading, respond to the following:
1. Based on the “State Incentive Programs” explained on page 172 and Table 1 found on page 173 of the article, select a state and then identify two policies or programs listed for that state that encourage renewable energy generation in general and solar energy generation. Explain how these policies or programs can help you as a small business owner.
Solutions to Global Issues (5-7 sentences)
· Briefly, what nonrenewable natural resources are most at risk of depletion?
· Discuss some sustainable development models that have broad applicability to the needs and consumption demands of both developing and developed countries.
Chapter 2, “Wealth and Poverty,” in your textbook discusses the Millennium Development Goals, which were created to provide developing countries support through the partnership of developed countries. The first goal is to “eradicate extreme poverty and hunger” in the world.
According to the textbook, population is still increasing in the world’s poorest regions. Take a look at
The Millennium Development Goals Report [PDF]
· The report notes that progress in reducing extreme hunger is uneven across regions of the world. Looking at the graph on page 21 of the report, which regions have the least reduction in extreme hunger? Which regions have the greatest reduction in extreme hunger? What factors contribute to this uneven progress? What are some possible strategies for creating more progress in these regions of the world?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.