Posted: June 10th, 2022
Please see the attached document for discussion questions and instructions.
After viewing the videos, please answer the following questions:
Please view Todd’svideo clip #1; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybh6ILx9bjw
and Todd’svideo clip #2; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exX-1cI78_s
Answer these questions:
1. What are the key characteristics of reality therapy that distinguish it from other therapy approaches?
2. What is the role of the client/therapist relationship from the reality therapist’s point of view?
3. What possible advantage do you see in focusing on Todd’s behavior rather than his feelings or his thoughts?
4. What are some reality therapy techniques used with Todd in his therapy session?
5. What goals would you have in mind for Todd?
6. How important is making a plan and developing a commitment to carrying it out to bringing about changes the client wants? Explain.
Please include in your answer some of the following “reality therapy” terminology: punishment, choice theory, reasonable consequences, total behavior, involvement, personal responsibility, autonomy, present behavior, self-evaluation, past successes, basic human needs, value judgments, action plan, “paining” behavior, commitment, perceived world, “no excuses.”
Please be sure to ask questions and comment on your peers’ responses, and respond to their questions and comments regarding your own response.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.