Posted: August 4th, 2022
For this assignment, watch the video from the link below:
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (n.d). Using language access services. Accessed from:
In a 2- to 3-page paper:
· Compare and contrast the range of medical language interpretation and describe what is considered “best practice.”
· Consider and describe at least two scenarios in which patients are non-English speaking and qualified language interpretation is not provided. What are the key ethical principles to be considered? What are the implications for the patient in each scenario?
· How would the scenario relate to the code of ethics in public health?
· Compare and contrast the model of medical practice between the U.S. (Western scientific paradigm of medicine) and another country with a different culture.
· Which healthcare model is better and why?
For this final segment review the
“Development of a Theory-Based (PEN-3 and Health Belief Model), Culturally Relevant Intervention on Cervical Cancer Prevention Among Latina Immigrants Using Intervention Mapping.” Consider this article and everything you have learned throughout the SLP and write a paper that addresses the following:
1. Explain how you would approach a health education program for the cultural group you have written about for your SLP. Support your choices with scholarly references. You should be able to use the information you found in researching your previous SLP papers.
· Would your program be for the person, extended family, or neighborhood?
· What positive perceptions, enablers, and nurturers would you want to reinforce? What negative ones would you want to try to overcome?
· What positive aspects of cultural empowerment would you want to reinforce? What negative ones would you want to try to overcome? What existential ones would you acknowledge but not try to change?
2. What challenges do you foresee in trying to plan and implement health education programs for this cultural group?
Length: 3 pages (excluding the cover page and the reference list).
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.