Posted: September 19th, 2022
Course Outcomes for Assignment:
· Apply and integrate the concepts and knowledge gained in prior general management and health care administration courses to industry-relevant challenges.
· Assess the relevant strategic decision-making and implementation issues within a health care organization.
2017 Las Vegas Mass-Shooting
The Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012, signed into law in January 2013, defines a mass killing as one resulting in at least 3 victims, excluding the perpetrator. On the evening of October 1, 2017, Stephen Paddock, a 64-year-old man from Mesquite, Nevada, opened fire upon the crowd attending the Route 91 Harvest music festival on the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada. Between 10:05 and 10:15 p.m. PDT, he fired more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition from his 32nd-floor suites in the Mandalay Bay Hotel, killing 60 people and wounding 411, with the ensuing panic bringing the injury total to 867. About an hour later, Paddock was found dead in his room from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. This incident was the deadliest mass shooting committed by an individual in modern United States history. University Medical Center of Southern Nevada,
Your assignment: In a MEMO format in 1000 words, please discuss the following about the 2017 Las Vegas Mass Shooting Disaster Response:
• What went well with the response?
• What were the significant challenges with the response?
• In which ways could the response have been improved?
• During Week One, we discussed Fayol’s Five Functions of Management: (a) Planning, (b) organizing, (c)
coordinating, (d) commanding, and (e) controlling. As the Chief Operating Officer (COO) how would you augment your healthcare facility’s disaster preparedness? Discuss which ways you would exercise Fayol’s Third Function of Management,
coordinating into enhancing your facilities’ mass casualty, preparedness.
Make certain that your assignment is in the APA 7th edition format with a cover page, separating your sections by the appropriate APA Level Headings. Also, make sure you include a reference page and at least five references, with in-text citation
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.