Posted: August 3rd, 2022
Interview your manager to gain further insight on his/her experience. Topics must include but are not limited to the following:
- Their career trajectory (career path, vertical and/or lateral career moves, etc. )
- Key strategies from their perspective to obtain your target job
- What you need to know about the industry/market you are interning in (If no direct manager, mid/senior level, employee)
- In conclusion, based on your internship experience and interviewing your manager please discuss the next steps (action items) in your job search and how this may impact your targeted job search plan (TJSP)
- Minimum 3 pages, single-spaced, size 12 font
- Appendix page: list of questions you discussed
Two page/slide visualization submission that will summarize your internship experience, key learning’s, and next steps. This submission will be public to all students enrolled in the internship course, and provided to Career Development team and faculty to view.
Visualization submission should include the following elements:
- Company name/logo, and summary of what they offer/services
- What key skills you need to work and thrive in that company/industry
- Industry stats (i.e. growth of the industry, projections, historical context, etc.)
- Key takeaways from internship (i.e particular hard/soft skills, professional development, industry insight, etc.)
- Next steps in your job search process
- Recommended formats: PPT, Canva, PSF, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.