Posted: August 1st, 2022
In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
· Connect and extend knowledge from the field of psychology to other contexts
As an advocate for positive change, you are inspired to address the social issues that align with your personal ideals. Your personality, lived experiences, and path to personal growth have contributed to your social change identity, fostering qualities that will enable you to serve a purpose greater than yourself. Whether your change agency focuses on education reform, violence against women, poverty and hunger, or animal abuse, you have a unique purpose that motivates you to answer the question: How can I advocate for the change that I want to see in the world? In this assignment, you will examine the various psychosocial factors that impact your efforts to advocate for your cause.
Using the learning from your Module Three Milestone assignment, you will refer to a social change initiative that aligns with your personal ideals and examine the role of advocacy in your efforts to effect positive social change. Address the following rubric criteria using credible sources of evidence in a 2- to 3-page reflection:
1. Describe the ways in which grit, resilience, and coping skills are essential to any advocacy effort.
2. Describe how you would apply the principles of emotional intelligence for collaboration in your advocacy efforts.
3. Describe the psychology subdisciplines that are most relevant to the interdisciplinary nature of your advocacy efforts.
4. Describe the ways in which your knowledge of psychology has prepared you to execute your social change initiative.
All sources and ideas requiring attribution must be cited according to APA style.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Submit your 2- to 3-page reflection paper as a Word document. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.