Posted: August 2nd, 2022
M9 Study Questions
Galizio, M. (1979). Contingency-shaped and rule-governed behavior: Instructional control of human loss avoidance. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 31(1), 53-70. (Links to an external site.)
1. What effect do instructions and rules have on schedules of reinforcement?
2. What happens to rule following when the behavior is not reinforced?
3. Briefly describe experiment 1. What was the procedure? What were the results?
4. Briefly describe experiment 2. What was the procedure? What were the results?
5. Briefly describe experiment 3. What was the procedure? What were the results?
6. Finally, describe what this article tells us about instructions and rules and how they can influence behavior.
Hayes, S.C., Brownstein, A.J., Zettle, R.D., Rosenfarb, I., & Korn, Z. (1986). Rule-governed behavior and sensitivity to changing consequences of responding. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 45(3), 237-256. (Links to an external site.)
1. Does human behavior differ from the behavior of other species? Why or why not?
2. Describe the procedure for experiment 1. What were the different groups and what contingencies were in place for each?
3. What sources of control were examined in experiment 2? What did this experiment tell us?
4. What did these studies tell us about rule-governed and contingency-shaped behavior?
4. What relation does rule-governed behavior have to verbal behavior?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.