Posted: August 3rd, 2022
: Patient, Family, or Population Health Problem Solution
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
· Develop an intervention (your capstone project), as a solution to the patient, family, or population problem you’ve defined. Submit the proposed intervention to the faculty for review and approval. This solution needs to be implemented (shared) with your patient, family, or group. You are not to share your intervention with your patient, family, or group or move on to Assessment 5 before your faculty reviews/approves the solution you submit in Assessment 4.
In a separate written deliverable, write a 5 page analysis of your intervention.
Please submit both your solution/intervention and the 5 page analysis to complete Assessment 4.
In your first three assessments, you applied new knowledge and insight gleaned from the literature, from organizational data, and from direct consultation with the patient, family, or group (and perhaps with subject matter and industry experts) to your assessment of the problem. You’ve examined the problem from the perspectives of leadership, collaboration, communication, change management, policy, quality of care, patient safety, costs to the system and individual, technology, care coordination, and community resources. Now it’s time to turn your attention to proposing an intervention (your capstone project), as a solution to the problem.
In this assessment, you’ll develop an intervention as a solution to the health problem you’ve defined. To prepare for the assessment, think about an appropriate intervention, based on your work in the preceding assessments, that will produce tangible, measurable results for the patient, family, or group. In addition, you might consider using a root cause analysis to explore the underlying reasons for a problem and as the basis for developing and implementing an action plan to address the problem. Some appropriate interventions include the following:
· Creating an educational brochure. 1 page intervention of the solutions to the problem
· Producing an educational voice-over PowerPoint presentation or video focusing on your topic.
· Creating a teaching plan for your patient, family, or group.
· Recommending work process or workflow changes addressing your topic.
Plan to spend at least 3 direct practicum hours working with the same patient, family, or group.
In addition, you may wish to complete the following:
· Review the assessment instructions and scoring guide to ensure that you understand the work you will be asked to complete and how it will be assessed.
· Conduct sufficient research of the scholarly and professional literature to inform your work and meet scholarly expectations for supporting evidence.
Note: As you revise your writing, check out the resources listed on the Writing Center’s
Complete this assessment in two parts: (a) develop an intervention as a solution to the problem and (b) submit your proposed intervention, with a written analysis, to your faculty for review and approval.
Develop an intervention, as a solution to the problem, based on your assessment and supported by data and scholarly, evidence-based sources.
Incorporate relevant aspects of the following considerations that shaped your understanding of the problem:
· Change management.
· Quality of care.
· Patient safety.
· Costs to the system and individual.
· Care coordination.
· Community resources.
Submit your proposed intervention to your faculty for review and approval.
In a separate written deliverable, write a 5 page analysis of your intervention.
· Summarize the patient, family, or population problem.
· Explain why you selected this problem as the focus of your project.
· Explain why the problem is relevant to your professional practice and to the patient, family, or group.
In addition, address the requirements outlined below. These requirements correspond to the scoring guide criteria for this assessment, so be sure to address each main point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed. In addition, note the additional requirements for document format and length and for supporting evidence.
· Define the role of leadership and change management in addressing the problem.
21. Explain how leadership and change management strategies influenced the development of your proposed intervention.
21. Explain how nursing ethics informed the development of your proposed intervention.
21. Include a copy of the intervention/solution/professional product.
. Propose strategies for communicating and collaborating with the patient, family, or group to improve outcomes associated with the problem.
22. Identify the patient, family, or group.
22. Discuss the benefits of gathering their input to improve care associated with the problem.
22. Identify best-practice strategies from the literature for effective communication and collaboration to improve outcomes.
. Explain how state board nursing practice standards and/or organizational or governmental policies guided the development of your proposed intervention.
23. Cite the standards and/or policies that guided your work.
23. Describe research that has tested the effectiveness of these standards and/or policies in improving outcomes for this problem.
. Explain how your proposed intervention will improve the quality of care, enhance patient safety, and reduce costs to the system and individual.
24. Cite evidence from the literature that supports your conclusions.
24. Identify relevant and available sources of benchmark data on care quality, patient safety, and costs to the system and individual.
. Explain how technology, care coordination, and the utilization of community resources can be applied in addressing the problem.
25. Cite evidence from the literature that supports your conclusions.
. Write concisely and directly, using active voice.
. Apply APA formatting to in-text citations and references.
. Format: Format the written analysis of your intervention using APA style.
APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX]
is provided to help you in writing and formatting your paper. Be sure to include:
28. A title page and reference page. An abstract is not required.
28. Appropriate section headings.
. Length: Your paper should be approximately 5 pages in length, not including the reference page.
. Supporting evidence: Cite at least five sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your central ideas. Resources should be no more than five years old. Provide in-text citations and references in APA format.
. Proofreading: Proofread your paper, before you submit it, to minimize errors that could distract readers and make it more difficult for them to focus on its substance.
Portfolio Prompt: Save your intervention to your
. After you complete your program, you may want to consider leveraging your portfolio as part of a job search or other demonstration of your academic and professional competencies.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
. Competency 1: Lead people and processes to improve patient, systems, and population outcomes.
32. Define the role of leadership and change management in addressing a patient, family, or population health problem.
. Competency 3: Transform processes to improve quality, enhance patient safety, and reduce the cost of care.
33. Explain how a proposed intervention to address a patient, family, or population health problem will improve the quality of care, enhance patient safety, and reduce costs to the system and individual.
. Competency 4: Apply health information and patient care technology to improve patient and systems outcomes.
34. Explain how technology, care coordination, and the utilization of community resources can be applied in addressing a patient, family, or population health problem.
. Competency 5: Analyze the impact of health policy on quality and cost of care.
35. Explain how state board nursing practice standards and/or organizational or governmental policies guided the development of a proposed intervention.
. Competency 6: Collaborate interprofessionally to improve patient and population outcomes.
36. Propose strategies for communicating and collaborating with a patient, family, or group to improve outcomes associated with a patient, family, or population health problem.
. Competency 8: Integrate professional standards and values into practice.
37. Write concisely and directly, using active voice.
37. Apply APA formatting to in-text citations and references.
· SCORING GUIDE
Use the scoring guide to understand how your assessment will be evaluated.
VIEW SCORING GUIDE
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.