Posted: September 18th, 2022
1.1 Devotion: Biblical Perspective
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will.”
Romans 12:2 (New International Version)
So often, we are quick to judge our neighbors and others around us. Today’s society has allowed us to forget what Christ has taught us: to love thy neighbor. Romans 12:2 is a blueprint that is set forth to show us how each one of us should transform our character and renew our mind. The biblical perspective recognizes the active opposition of a personal adversary. In the business world, we diversify ourselves with others from all walks of life, not knowing that God has placed each of us together for the common good. Thinking back on your workplace, how do you engage with others from other backgrounds? Do you place judgment on others? Do you reflect your views on social media and other blogging components? Is this right?
1. Take time to reflect on Romans 12:2.
2. Consider the following question:
a) How does this verse impact you in matters of faith in the workplace?
1.2 Discussion: Power Distance (Part A)
1. Watch the video “10 Minutes with Geert Hofstede on Power Distance
2. Navigate to the discussion below and post a substantive response to the following questions:
a. Compare and contrast attitudes toward authority between high power distance cultures and low power distance cultures.
b. Think about an organization with which you are involved (work, church, civic organization, etc.). Identify the organization and describe how you would characterize the power distance dimension within the organization’s culture. Is it high, low, or somewhere in between? Explain how you came to this conclusion and provide an example to support your assertion.
c. Describe how the principle of power distance is evident within the organization you identified.
3. Your initial response should:
200–300 words in length
b. Include a minimum of two properly cited references. For questions on APA style, go to the
APA Style Guide
1.3 Assignment: PowerPoint Presentation
1. Read the article ”
How Indra Nooyi Turned Design Thinking Into Strategy
a. Remember to look for the icon to print the article!
2. Watch the video ”
Nooyi: You Can ‘Have It All’ With Support, Sacrifices.
3. Develop an American-Indian cultural profile via a 10- to 12-slide presentation (utilizing the presentation tool of your choice). Include narrative giving generalized country profiles based on a synthesis of research, primarily from Hofstede as well as numerous other sources. This profile illustrates how to synthesize information and gain a sense of the character of a society from which implications may be drawn about how to manage more effectively in that society.
4. The 10- to 12-slide presentation should also include the answers to the following questions:
a. What is the PDI (power distance index) for India compared to America? The difference between the two PDIs indicates what information for global managers?
b. What were the factors that shaped Indra Nooyi as a leader?
c. If PepsiCo were headquartered in India, how might Nooyi lead her employees in India based on the PDI of this country in comparison to America?
d. What leadership style is being used by Nooyi at PepsiCo? Highlight the mix of various leadership styles found in Nooyi, such as that of servant leadership, ethical leadership, socialized charismatic leadership, and authentic leadership.
5. Your presentation should include a minimum of three properly cited references. For questions on APA style, go to the
APA Style Guide.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.