Posted: September 4th, 2022
Scenario: Sabio Graduation Supplies has had an unfortunate environmental event: a recent tornado that came through Global Springfield caused major damage to their property, and they are having to rebuild. Fortunately, they were protected by insurance and
Scenario: Sabio Graduation Supplies has had an unfortunate environmental event: a recent tornado that came through Global Springfield caused major damage to their property, and they are having to rebuild. Fortunately, they were protected by insurance and so are getting ready to build in a new location. They are seeking your help in designing their computer network, which will be a combination of wired and wireless connections. CEO Elina Sabio has explained that they will have two separate buildings:
- Building 1 will contain the main offices, some meeting rooms, and a workspace for salespeople when they come back to input orders and update their files. Both wired and wireless will be needed in this building, and a printer will be necessary.
- Building 2 will house the inventory and provide space for readying orders for shipping. Workers are expected to use company-owned tablets as they walk through the warehouse section and pull items, but a main wired workstation is still expected, along with a printer for invoices.
Part 1: Network Diagram
Task: Using Visio and the instructions found in the Reading PDF, develop a network diagram.
Examples: Small examples of bus, ring, and other topologies are found in the ebook and the Reading PDF. Larger examples can easily be found online or may be shared by your professor in announcements or Seminar. As every network is different, no single example is appropriate; use your critical thinking and creativity and create your own network design.
- Begin with the ”Basic Network Diagram” Visio template.
- Use appropriate shapes (images) for each kind of hardware as well as the Internet.
- Use lines for cabling or other connections.
- Remember to include the Internet, firewalls, routers, and any other necessary hardware as explained in the Reading PDF and identified in the scenario above. Make sure all icons/images are clearly labeled.
- Your diagram must clearly show what is in each building. You may opt to diagram each building separately or may put them in the same diagram, as long as it is clear what is housed in each building.
- You can use different topologies for different employee groups as long as you have a reason for doing so.
Write: In one paragraph of 75–125 words, identify by name all topologies used and explain why you made these choices. Use concepts and terminology from the reading; there is no need to do further research for this part of the assignment, as the purpose is to simply explain your choices.