Posted: June 20th, 2022
In this lab, you will gather data about CO2 emissions using the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Web site (Earth System Research Laboratory, n.d.) to help you write up a scientific report centered around known phenomena of CO2 emissions, related to the following question:
Use link to complete table
Deliverable length 1 Page
please see attachment
Assignment: SCIE211 Phase 3 Lab Report
Title: Sources of CO2 Emissions
Instructions: You will need to write a 1-page lab report using the scientific method centered on the known phenomena of CO2 emissions, related to the following question:
· Would you expect to see an increase or decrease in CO2 emission in the data over the past 40 years? Why?
When your lab report is complete, post it in Submitted Assignment files.
Part I: In the Web site link given in the assignment description, you will see an interactive map of the world titled “GMD Measurement Locations.” You can zoom in and out and move the map around within the window. In the map, choose 5 sites that are labeled with a star, which will have CO2 concentrations. Follow the steps below to fill in the data table:
1. Click on a starred location. (One site will not have CO2 concentrations.)
2. Once the starred location opens, on the right side of the screen, click on the pictured graph “Examples of Data” for CO2.
3. Once the graph opens, make a note of the CO2 concentrations from previous years to present day. Fill in the table below.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 for all other locations.
5. Use these results in your lab report to help you assess CO2 concentration trends from 1990 to 2005.
Name of City/Country
CO2 Emissions in 1990
CO2 Emissions in 2005
Part II: Write a 1-page lab report using the following scientific method sections:
· State the purpose of the lab.
· This is an investigation of what is currently known about the question being asked. Use background information from credible references to write a short summary about concepts in the lab. List and cite references in APA style.
· Hypothesis/Predicted Outcome
· A hypothesis is an educated guess. Based on what you have learned and written about in the Introduction, state what you expect to be the results of the lab procedures.
· Summarize the procedures that you used in the lab. The Methods section should also state clearly how data (numbers) were collected during the lab; this will be reported in the Results/Outcome section.
· Provide here any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
· In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results, and if the outcome was as expected.
· Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.
Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used in the Introduction section.
Give your paper a title and number, and identify each section as specified above. Although the hypothesis will be a 1-sentence answer, the other sections will need to be paragraphs to adequately explain your experiment.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.