Posted: August 2nd, 2022
Please follow the assignment rubrics
2 double spacing
Module6: The High Impact Laws of Special Education
This module will focus on the candidate understanding and interpreting the ramifications of major laws
that impact special education.
Yell, M. (2019). The Law and Special Education, (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
Using your textbook and pages provided, read the overview of each case and provide the following;
1. The name of the case
2. The central Issue
3. The ruling
4. Your personal agreement or disagreement with the ruling and why you agree/disagree.
Limit your discussion of each case to two-pages, double spaced
Cases Central Issue
1. BOE of Hendrick Hudson Central School District v. Rowley – Page 164-167 FAPE/ Placement
2. Doug C. v Hawaii – see link in course- Module 2 Parental Involvement
3. Larry P. v. Riles – Page 208-209 Racial Profiling
4. Deal v. Hamilton County BOE – see link in course- Module 2 IEP
5. Florence County School District 4 v. Carter – Page 304-306 Private Schools
6. Hartman v. Loudown County BOE – Page 269-270 Discipline/Placement
7. Honig v. Doe – Page 330-331, 336 Dangerous IEP Students
8. Doe v. Withers –Page 246, 309-310 Punitive Damages
9. Clyde K. v. Pauyakkup School District – Page 267, 273 BD/ED Placement
10. Irving Independent School District v. Tatro- Page 180-182 Related Services/Health
Due to the number (10) of cases that you will analyze in this module, there will be no application
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.