Posted: June 10th, 2022
Assignment: Legislation Grid and Testimony/Advocacy Statement
As a nurse, how often have you thought to yourself,If I had anything to do about it, things would work a little differently?Increasingly, nurses are beginning to realize that they do, in fact, have a role and a voice.
Many nurses encounter daily experiences that motivate them to take on an advocacy role in hopes of impacting policies, laws, or regulations that impact healthcare issues of interest. Of course, doing so means entering the less familiar world of policy and politics. While many nurses do not initially feel prepared to operate in this space effectively, the reward is the opportunity to shape and influence future health policy.
• Select a bill that has been proposed (not one that has been enacted) using the congressional websites provided in the Learning Resources.
The Assignment: (1- to 2-page Legislation Grid; 1-page Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement)
Be sure to add a title page, an introduction, purpose statement, and a conclusion.Part 1: Legislation Grid
Based on the health-related bill (proposed, not enacted) you selected, complete the Legislation Grid Template, and then Be sure to address the following in another page:• Determine the legislative intent of the bill you have reviewed.
• Identify the proponents/opponents of the bill.
• Identify the target populations addressed by the bill.
• Where in the process is the bill currently? Is it in hearings or committees?
Part 2: Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement
Based on the health-related bill you selected, develop a 1-page Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement that addresses the following:
• Advocate a position for the bill you selected and write testimony in support of your position.
• Describe how you would address the opponent to your position. Be specific and provide examples.
• At least 2 outside resources and 2-3 course specific resources are used.. Choose a bill that has not been enacted from the website below.https://www.congress.gov/most-viewed-billsWriting requirements:For part 1, fill our the template and then 1 page to answer the requirements above under part 1.For part 2, 1 full page.Add an introduction, purpose statement, and a conclusion.3 pages in total excluding the title and reference page.At least 2 references.The template is attached.
Legislation Grid Template
Use this document to complete Part 1 of the Module 2 Assessment
Legislation Grid and Testimony/Advocacy Statement
Health-related Bill Name
Federal or State?
Status of the bill (Is it in hearings or committees?)
Legislation Grid Template
© 2020 Laureate Education Inc.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.