Posted: June 10th, 2022
Week 6 DiscussionThis is a required assignment worth 15 points (15-points/1000-points). Assignment must be submitted by the due date. No late assignments are allowed. Please discuss the following topics and provide substantive comments to at least two other posts.Select from the following list four (4) topics and discuss. Use only 50-words max per topic to discuss and present your answer.The discussion questions this week are from Chapter7 (Jamsa, 2013).Chapter 7 topics:
Define and describe cloud-based collaboration.
The CIO of Ace Accounting Services suggests that the company can save considerable money using VoIP for phone calls. Define and describe VoIP. Then present three companies that provide VoIP offerings. Compare and contrast each company’s offering. Also, discuss whether or not you agree with the CIO and justify why.
List the questions one should consider when evaluating a cloud-based collaborative solution.
Note: You are required to use at least two-peer reviewed sources (besides your textbook) to answer the above questions. The initialpost is due by Wednesday at 11:59pm ET. You must engage on at least three separate days (by Wednesday for the first post and two additional days of peer engagement). Do not wait until Sunday to engage with peers, this should be an active conversation with your peers.When replying to peers be sure to engage with substantial posts that add to the conversation.
Week 6 DiscussionAfter completing the reading this week, we reflect on a few key concepts this week:
Discuss the key components of human resource management. Pick at least four concepts from chapter nine and describe how these concepts interrelate to individual performance on a team.
Review table 9.2 and select one of the dimensions listed, note why it was chosen and how you relate to this behavior. If you have a personal experience, please share.
How do leaders select the best talent? What are some tools they can use to select the best-talent?
Please be sure to answer all the questions above in the initial post.Please ensure the initial post and two response posts are substantive. Substantive posts will do at least TWO of the following:
Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
Expand on the topic, by adding additional thoughtful information
Answer a question posted by another student in detail
Share an applicable personal experience
Provide an outside source
Make an argument
At least one scholarly (peer-reviewed) resource should be used in the initial discussion thread. Please ensure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use APA references and in-text citations.Please be sure to engage by Wednesday at 11:59pm ET and thenengage on two more days throughout the week (for atotal of three days of engagement, beforeSunday at 11:59pm, ET.
Week 6 – Executive Practical Connection Assignment
At UC, it is a priority that students are provided with strong educational programs and courses that allow them to be servant-leaders in their disciplines and communities, linking research with practice and knowledge with ethical decision-making. This assignment is a written assignmentwhere students will demonstrate how this course research has connected and put into practice within their own career.Assignment:
Provide a reflection of at least 500 words (or 2 pages double spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course have been applied, or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment. If you are not currently working, share times when you have or could observe these theories and knowledge could be applied to an employment opportunity in your field of study.Requirements:Provide a 500 word (or 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection.Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supportingevidence from outsideresources is used those must be properly cited.Share a personal connectionthat identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.You should not, provide an overview of theassignments assigned in the course. The assignment asksthat you reflect how the knowledge and skills obtained through meeting course objectives wereapplied or could be applied in the workplace.Don’t forget that the grade also includes the quality of writing.
School of Computer & Information Sciences
ITS-532 Cloud Computing
Chapter 7 – Collaboration in the Cloud
• Define and describe collaboration.
• Define and describe cloud-based collaboration.
• List the benefits of cloud-based collaboration.
• List and describe cloud-based tools for document sharing.
• List questions that one should consider with respect to cloud-
based collaboration tools.
• Discuss the potential uses of cloud-based streaming media, from
presentations to TV.
• The process of two or more people working together to achieve a result (a goal).
Questions Regarding Cloud-Collaboration Tools
• Can the solution scale to meet the organization’s future
• Is the solution secure?
• What are the solution’s start-up and operational costs?
• How will the solution impact the company’s IT staffing and
• What are the solution’s learning curve and training
• Most web-based applications today, such as Google Gmail, support computer-
based and handheld devices.
In the Beginning
• The IM text-based interaction provided one of the web’s early forms of
• IM tools have grown from a text-based medium for message exchange to support
audio and video streaming.
Real World: Skype
• Integrates voice over IP (VoIP)
• Supports conference calls
Faxing in the Cloud
• Cloud-based fax services deliver faxes as PDF documents to a user’s e-mail.
Real World: Google Voice
• Google Voice provides you with a virtual phone account that you can forward to
your phone. You can receive voice messages or direct Google Voice to transcribe
the voice messages as text.
Wiki’s: Shared File Editing
• Any member of the team can add or edit content.
• Most users quickly learn how to edit content
within the wiki.
• Team members who edit the wiki content can
• The edits to wiki content are immediate.
Disadvantages of Wiki’s
• Because any member can edit the content, wikis
sometimes contain errors.
• Public wikis are often targets of hacking and spam.
• The wiki’s free-flowing format may lead to
• Users are often suspicious of wiki content validity
Wikipedia: “The Wiki”
• Wikipedia provides the largest collection of web-based, user-contributed, and user-
Real World: Wikia
• Creating a cloud-based wiki, which discusses cloud-based topics and uses free
software at Wikia.
Real World: Google Docs
• Google Docs provides users with web-based, free access to a word processor,
spreadsheet, and presentation program—yes, Google Docs are meant to compete
directly with the Microsoft Office tools.
Real World: Microsoft Web Apps
• Microsoft Office Web Apps lets users create and share (for simultaneous editing)
cloud-based Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
Collaborating with Web Logs (Blogs)
• With the advent of Web 2.0, one of the most widely used
communication tools has become the web log, or blog.
• Blogs allow virtually anyone, with little or no web
development experience, to easily publish content on the
• Blogs can provide one-way or two-way communication—
that is, some users post read-only content to blogs, while
others allow readers to comment on the content.
Advantages of Blogs
• Blogs provide a device-independent way for content consumers to
access digital content using only a web browser.
• Users can create and publish content to a blog with little or no
web development experience.
• Within an organization, intranet-based blogs provide a convenient
way to disseminate information.
• Blogs provide an effective way to collect feedback from readers.
Disadvantages of Blogs
• Maintaining a blog takes time.
• Blogs can become opinion posts as opposed to
• User feedback may not always be positive and
may require moderation.
Collaborate Meetings in the Cloud
• One of the biggest cost savers to businesses
due to the cloud is the advent of the virtual
• Using sites such as WebEx and GoToMeeting,
businesses can now reduce travel costs
through cloud-based meetings.
Advantages of Cloud-based Meetings
• Streaming video that allows face-to-face interaction
• Shared whiteboards that presenters can use to easily control the
presentation of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, or related documents
• Accessibility to users through a myriad of devices
• Shared applications that let presenters easily dem software live
within a controlled environment
• The ability to hold company training online
• The ability to record meetings for playback later
Real World: WordPress
• Blogs provide users with no web development experience the ability to easily
publish content on the web.
Real World: GotoMeeting
• Virtual meetings allow companies to reduce expensive travel while maintaining the
benefits of face-to-face interaction.
Advantages of Virtual Meetings
• The costs of production and hosting for multimedia content
• Users can play back content at a time that best meets their
needs and as often as they desire.
• Companies can create a library of virtual marketing or
• Virtual presentation software is migrating to handheld
Social Media Collaboration
• Facebook is obviously the most successful Web 2.0
• Using Facebook, users communicate with friends
to share photos, videos, and text messages.
• Further, using Facebook groups, teams can share
project information in a secure way.
Advantages of Social Media for Collaboration
• Users can exchange project information from
anywhere, anytime, with any device.
• Groups can keep team content secure.
• Most users are already familiar with the social
media user interface.
Real World: Zentation
• Streaming a virtual presentation from the cloud.
Real World: Google Calendar
Real World: Hulu TV
• Hulu is one company that is deploying streaming media content from the cloud, on
• Use cloud-based conferencing software to present
documents, share desktops, and benefit from face-to-
• Collaborate in real time and edit the same documents.
• Share calendars to simplify appointment scheduling.
• Use VoIP-based audio or video chats from anywhere
with any device.
• Take advantage of virtual faxing services to send and receive
faxes, without using a fax machine.
• Forward transcripts of voice mail messages to their e-mail.
• Communicate with team members using wikis and blogs.
• Leverage familiar tools that are like social media for group
• Stream media for marketing, training, or messaging
• Jamsa, K. A. (2013). Cloud computing: SaaS,
PaaS, IaaS, virtualization, business models,
mobile, security and more. Burlington, MA:
Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.