Posted: February 26th, 2023
One would expect public opinion to have less effect on federal judges, who are appointed for life than it has on those state judges who must regularly stand for reelection. For this assignment, you’ll focus on the basis of judicial decisions, approaches for analyzing those decisions, as well as the impact they have on society, precedent, and the law.
Complete the following sections of the
Week 8 Assignment Templateto address the following:
Sources and Formatting
Week 8 Assignment: Analyzing Judicial Decisions
Class Name and Number
Month Date Year
1. Discuss whether judicial decisions are based on a) facts, laws, and precedent (the legal subculture); b) public opinion, politics, localism (democratic subculture); or c) both. Provide specific examples and cite any sources used. Response should be a minimum of two paragraph (3 – 5 complete sentences per paragraph).
2. Discuss whether the four theories or approaches (cue, small-group analysis, attitude, and rational choice) for analyzing judicial decisions are equally useful. Provide specific examples and cite any sources used. Response should be a minimum of two paragraphs.
3. Explain whether judicial decisions should reflect public opinion, using a specific example, and cite any sources used. Response should be a minimum of two paragraphs.
4. Describe the impact of judicial decisions on law, precedent, and social policy. Provide specific examples and cite any sources used. Response should be a minimum of two paragraphs.
1. Enter the first source entry here.
2. Enter the second source entry here.
3. Enter the third source entry here.2
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.