At EssayBy, we undertake to deliver you the product that matches the deadline, quality, and assignment instructions. Though we strictly work to follow every rule and regulation to deliver the best academic writing service, we have a refund policy that ensures you get your money back if you are not satisfied with our service. Even with this Refund Policy, we get very few refund requests as our customers enjoy a high satisfaction rate. More than 97% of our customers return with consequential orders while others refer their friends and relatives to our first-class essay help services.
Your money is always safe with us and you should always feel comfortable when placing your order on our website. Our Money-Back Guarantee allows you to request and receive a refund at any stage of your order. Our refund policy is clear and transparent. Please take a look at the cases when a client has the right to a refund to ensure we are on your side to help if anything goes wrong.
There are different reasons for order cancellation. The following are the main reasons you might decide to cancel your order before completion and the amount of refund you can get in each case.
I want to cancel my order.
For fast and successful order cancellation, please contact our support team as soon as possible with your cancellation request. Send a live chat message to our online agents followed by a cancellation message on your order page. The following refund policies apply in cancellation cases.
- 100% refund. This is also called a full refund. A full refund is awarded if the cancellation is done before the order is assigned to a writer. Ensure you send your refund request as soon as possible to get a full refund.
- 70% refund. If the writer has already started working on your order, it is impossible to receive a full refund. The writer must be compensated for their effort in working on your order. You can check the progress or status of your order on your order page. 7o% is rewarded if a writer has been assigned your order and if less than half of the order period has passed.
- Up to 50% refund. This is the amount of refund you get if more than half of the order period has passed. This is why you are encouraged to make any cancellations as soon as you find out it is necessary.
- Up to 30% refund. A refund of up to 30% can be considered after the delivery of your order only if you have not approved your paper and the circumstances of order cancellation were beyond your control.
NB: There is no cancellation of orders completed and delivered to your order page on or before the order deadline. A refund for such orders is only awarded on quality concerns. To request a refund, press the “refund” button on your order page. This should be followed by a complete explanation with evidence as to why you are not satisfied with the quality of the paper delivered.
I paid for the same order twice.
If you are charged more than once for the same order, you will receive the extra amount as soon as possible. Contact us and forward the receipts to our email address, your order page, or live chat for evaluation.
I accidentally placed two identical orders.
You must cancel any order you do not need. If the orders are not canceled on time, they will be both assigned to writers as they are regarded as regular orders. If both orders have been assigned to writers, a 100% refund is impossible. The standard procedure for order cancellation and refund will be applied. Contact us as soon as possible to cancel any order you placed accidentally.
Late delivery/ Past deadline delivery
We aim at delivering all our services on time and we never have any delay or miss any deadline. In most cases, our essays are delivered ahead of schedule. Sometimes due to unavoidable circumstances, your order might be delivered late. This happens in very rare cases as we are very strict when it comes to on-time delivery. The following are the major lateness cases.
My paper was delivered late
Contact us immediately you realize the deadline for your order has passed and the paper has not been delivered. Do not wait longer without inquiring why your order has not been delivered yet the deadline has passed. This will ensure we get solutions to this problem as soon as possible and before it’s too late. You can chat with our online agents or send a message to your order page.
If you want to request a refund due to the lateness as you no longer need the paper, do not hesitate to contact us. You can request and receive a lateness refund in any of the following cases.
- You can get a price recalculation if the first version of your order is delivered after your initial order deadline. The price will be recalculated according to the actual time your order was delivered. In most cases, price recalculation due to lateness will give a low cost for your order. The extra amount will be refunded. For example, if an 8-hour-delivery paper is delivered an hour later, it will fall in the 24-hour-delivery category which will cost less.
- We give a 7% refund of the total cost for long-term orders of 11 to 14 days or more upon request. If your long-term order is delivered late, contact us immediately to request a refund as you can get a partial refund of 7% of the order’s cost.
- You can get a 100% refund if you did not approve the first version of your order after a late delivery. Failure to approve the paper can be because you no longer need it. In all cases of a full refund, any product we produce belongs to the company and in most cases will be published on our online platform for commercial purposes. You do not have the right to use any such essay in developing your own research work.
NB: You do not have the right to request or receive a lateness refund if the late delivery resulted from lateness on your side. For example, if you uploaded extra materials late or made payments late. You only receive a lateness refund if we are the reason behind the late delivery.
The revision of my order was late.
We do not offer lateness refunds and price recalculation on revisions. This is because revision deadlines are set separately from the original order deadline.
When setting your order deadline, do not set the exact due date of your paper. Leave at least a 30% gap between the deadline and your paper’s due date. This will allow enough time to review your paper and have your paper revised if necessary.
I am not fully satisfied with the quality of the paper delivered. However, I accept it and will revise it myself. I request a partial refund.
The following are the options available if you are unsatisfied with the quality of the paper we deliver to you.
- Request a free revision.
- Request to have your order revised by a different expert.
- Request a partial refund.
How do I get a partial refund?
- Press the refund button on your order page. Any refund request should be sent within 14 days from the time the first version of the order is approved.
- Once your partial refund request is received you are provided with an editable version of the paper. Provide strong reasons to back up your claim or you can share an edited version of the paper as supporting evidence. This evidence should be provided within 14 days after which no refund is possible.
- Your feedback is reviewed by our dispute department who decides on the amount that should be refunded. You can get up to a 40% refund depending on the supporting evidence you provide.
NB: Failure to provide the information requested within the 14 days will lead to the cancellation of your refund request after which no refund is possible.
If you had approved the last version of your paper, please contact our support team through live chat, email, call, or a message on your order page.
I am completely dissatisfied with the quality of the order delivered to me so I have decided to write it myself. I request a full refund.
The following are the available options if you are completely dissatisfied with the quality of the paper we deliver to you.
- Request a free revision.
- Request to have the paper reassigned to a different writer.
- Request a full refund if you haven’t approved the paper.
If you request a full refund and your request is granted, the paper is posted online for commercial purposes.
How do I get a refund?
- Press the refund button on your order page. This should be within 14 days from the time your paper was delivered.
- Provide strong evidence to support your claim within the next 14 days. Our dispute department will review your claim. If they decide your claim is reasonable, you can receive up to a 100% refund.
NB: Failure to provide the requested information within 14 days will lead to the cancellation of your refund request after which no refund is possible.
If you had approved the initial or revised version of your paper, you are only legible for a partial refund.
Refund on Additional Services
- Progressive delivery order
The 10% progressive delivery fee for orders with the progressive delivery feature is non-refundable. The deadline for a revision request is usually 21 days after the initial approval for such large orders. These orders are delivered in parts. Each part is delivered upon completion. Once a part has been delivered, press the “approve part” button so we can start working on the next section. Please review the delivered part before approving it as you cannot request a refund once the part has been approved.
- Sample service
We charge a fee of $5 for 3 recent samples of work written by the writer in question. This fee is non-refundable once the samples have been sent to you. Please check the samples as soon as they are sent and contact us if you want us to change the writer within 3 hours. Silence on your side indicates your acceptance of the writer initially assigned your order. The writer will be requested to continue working on your order once the 3 hours period has passed.
- Writer’s category
We have 3 different writer categories. If you want an advanced writer or a native speaker assigned your order, you will have to pay an extra fee for the writer category. If we can’t find an available writer from the category of your choice, your order will be assigned to the best available expert. If this happens, the extra fee you had paid will be refunded.
- Copies of sources used.
If you pay an additional fee for this service and the copies of the sources are not delivered with your order, the amount paid for the service will be refunded. On the other hand, the amount becomes non-refundable once we deliver copies of the sources with your paper.
No Writer Was Found to Work on my Order
Once an order has been placed on our website, we check the available writers and select the best with the skills and experience necessary for that order. In some very rare cases especially if you have a complicated or unusual topic, we might lack the right writer to handle your order. In this case, if your deadline allows, we can keep checking for a writer but if the order has limited time, you will be issued a full refund. This will give you enough time to apply for the service from other service providers and have your order delivered before the deadline.
You can receive a partial refund if you want your paper revised by a different writer and the right writer for the task is not available. Our dispute resolution department will review your claim and the reimbursement process will begin once we receive your refund request.
NB: After the delivery of the last version of your order, you have 14 days to request a full refund.
After the approval of the first version of your order, you have 14 days to request a partial refund.
I forgot to approve my completed paper.
The time for order approval is calculated automatically from the time the last version of your order was uploaded on your order page. You have 14 days to approve your order or request a revision after which it is automatically approved by the system.
Once the paper has been approved by the system, you have 14 days to request a partial refund. After 14 days, no refund request will be accepted and a refund becomes impossible.
How long does the processing of a refund take?
The time it takes for you to receive your refund depends on the reason behind the refund and also the time the bank takes to process the reimbursement.
The processing of refund requests connected with payment issues or order cancellation will take 3 to 5 business days.
A quality-based refund request will be processed within two weeks as more time is required to review the refund claim to come up with a reasonable amount of refund.
How to avoid situations that will make a refund necessary.
The following precautions will minimize refund request cases.
- Double-check your order form before submission to eradicate any errors and ensure the instructions provided are complete and correct.
- Provide all the necessary details, attach files, and links necessary for the writer to deliver a high-quality paper.
- Stay in touch with the writer assigned your order. This will make it possible and easier for them to contact you anytime they need clarification on matters concerning the processing of your order.
- Follow up on the progress of your order to ensure everything happens as planned.
You are not entitled to a refund if:
- A lower grade than was expected is received. Please note that the product we deliver is tailored as a draft sample or as a point of reference for research purposes. You can read our Fair Use Policy for more information on how to use the products you receive from us.
- The payment was delayed. If you claim that your order was delayed when in reality you delayed paying for your order, we shall not bear responsibility for such lateness. In such a case, a refund cannot be requested.
- In case of a revision deadline. The previously mentioned lateness refunds and price recalculation does not apply on orders under revision as revision deadlines are set under certain conditions.
- Editing, proofreading, and formatting orders. Orders in this category contain content originally written by you or another person and not our writer. The content may contain errors of contextual nature which is hard to identify and change.
- The refund period has passed. Refunds are available within 14 days from the time the initial order is approved.