At EssayBy, we respect and prioritize your right to privacy as it is equally important to our business model. We recognize the importance of keeping customer personal data secure and confidential. When it comes to personal data protection, we leave no stone unturned. A part of this commitment is connected with ensuring that everyone who does business with us fully understands what data we collect, policies on storing that information, and how the information is processed. We collect data from you with the aim of ensuring successful delivery of all the goods and services you order from us.
Please read this policy before placing an order with us or sharing any personal data. The statements contained on this page apply to any person who decides to use any of the services we provide. Our goal is to ensure that no misunderstanding concerning the personal information we collect about you and your right to access and modify the information at any time. You are entitled to have full control over your personal data including the right to erase it.
- We only request information that is very necessary to ensure the successful processing and delivery of any product you order from us.
- Your personal data is only stored as long as it is required. Any data that we do not need is deleted from our database.
- We strive to make it possible for you to control the data that is held on our website and what part of the data is kept private and what can be shared with the public, what can be indexed by search engines, and what should be deleted permanently.
- We want you to be aware of how the data we hold about you is collected, used, and shared by our website.
- Our website- EssayBy
- Any of our mobile applications.
- Other products and services available on our website such as Citation generators, and plagiarism detectors if they are available.
We are very committed to protect and respect the privacy of any person visiting or using our website. This includes any information that can be used to directly or indirectly refer to you as a natural person. This information consists of your personal data and we promise to protect it with strict accuracy.
How Can We Receive Your Information?
Your personal data can be collected from you or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements you have with us or our partners. Your consent and permission can be collected by us directly or indirectly from third parties whom you have instructed to pass or share the information with us.
Which Information Do We Collect About You?
Any time you visit our website or member communities, any of this information about you might be collected.
- Technical information.
- IP addresses.
- Details on the nature of the device used in connecting to our website.
- Your interaction with our website.
The following is a list of the types of personal data we collect about you and why this data is processed.
|Personal information type||Purposes for collecting the information|
|1.||User’s country||· User verification
· To prevent fraudulent use and resale of a user’s account.
· For tax implications and VAT purposes.
|2.||User’s email||· The main contact of communication with the user.
· Channel for the provision of marketing and promotional materials.
|3.||User’s name and surname||· For user verification.
· For invoices, billing, and taxation.
· To prevent fraudulent use and resale of the user’s account.
|4.||Phone number||· For user verification
· Contact for immediate communication with the user.
· Customer support
|5.||City/State/ZIP code/address||· Billing information for invoices.
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
Your personal data might be collected for some or all of the following reasons.
- To enhance the provision of products or services you had ordered from us.
- To relay information about products and services you had shown interest in purchasing at a later date if you are already an existing customer.
- To relay information about products or services you had purchased from us or related products and services.
- To enhance the delivery of services under a contract.
- For legal reasons for example if you have entered into a contract with us.
- To relay any information you have agreed to receive about our products and services.
Grounds for Collecting Information from You
- When we have a legal reason for collecting the information (When allowed by the law or under a contract).
- When you have allowed us to collect the information for essential service or newsletter provision.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
Your data might be processed legally on our website for the following reasons.
- When you have entered into a contract with us.
- When you have permitted us to process the data.
- To facilitate the provision of the services you have ordered from us.
- When you request us to process your personal data.
- To comply with the law.
Ways of Giving Information
You can share your personal data with us with your consent in any of the following ways.
- By filling a form on our website or sending us an email.
- By ordering on our website.
- By posting reviews and feedback on our website.
- When you contact us through our phone numbers.
The information you share with us can be personal, financial, educational, or related to your order.
You can share personal data with us for legal reasons such as entering into a contract with us especially when purchasing products and services from our website.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources in any of the following ways.
- If you use any of the websites we operate or access any of the services we provide or from our business partners entitled to collect your information for us.
- From third parties we work with as part of the service we deliver to you or for other legal reasons. These third parties include business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, credit reference agencies, background checking agencies, search information providers, advertising networks, or analytical providers.
Files- Please do not share with us or upload on our website files you are not allowed to use. These include files with your personal information or the personal information of other people without their consent. These files might be collected and stored on our website and we do not guarantee the security of any information contained in those files.
Who Might We Share Your Information With?
Your personal information might be shared with third parties for legal reasons or when you give us permission to do so. In any case, your data might be shared with,
- Our marketing staff. This can happen after you have registered on our website. Our marketing staff can use your information to deliver promotional materials to you.
- Our group companies. This refers to our subsidiaries or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Subcontractors and third parties to enable the performance of a contract we have with you or with them.
- With third parties you have allowed us to share the information with.
- With third parties who provide us with products and services because you have purchased products or services from us.
Other Reasons We Might Share Your Information with a Third Party
Any personal data about our clients will be one of the transferred assets of the company if our website or all its assets are acquired by a third party. The following are other reasons why your personal data might be shared with a third party.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- If a government agency legally requests the data.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our clients, or others.
- If sharing the information will help reduce our credit risks or protect us from fraud.
Aggregated data is data that has been compiled into data summaries or reports and is mainly used for public reporting or for statistical purposes. This data does not contain information that can be used to identify an individual as their personal information has been removed.
Any data provided to third parties in this form is not personal data. We will at times share aggregated data with third parties but you have the right to object if your data is used.
Where We Store and Process Your Data
- To fulfill your order.
- For payment processing.
- To access technical support services.
What if Your Data Can’t be Processed Within the EEA?
- We will comply with all data protection rules.
- We will ensure your data is processed in any country on the EU commission’s list as adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects is provided.
- Reasonable endeavors will be used for any data transferred to the United States of America to ensure they take part in the Privacy Shield Program.
- We will ensure your data is protected adequately in any other case.
Access to Your Personal Data via Password
During the registration process or when creating a personal account, you will be requested to create a password. This password will help you access your account and other parts of our website. Please do not share the password as it can be used to access your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe from unauthorized persons.
In case this password gets into the hands of an unauthorized person, ensure you change it as soon as possible by pressing the “forgot password” button. You can also contact our support team if you have any problem changing your password for assistance.
Transmission and Storage of Your Personal Data
Although the transmission and storage of data on the internet are not completely secure, we promise to do anything in our power to ensure maximum data protection. Your data will be encrypted to the standard required by the GDPR rules of data protection.
How Long Will We Keep Your Data?
Your data will only be kept in our database as long as it is necessary and for any of the following cases.
- As long as the law requires us to keep the data.
- Until we do not have a reason for keeping it.
- Until you request us to stop using the data or delete it.
What if You Refuse to Share Your Personal Data with Us?
We might refuse to enter into a contract with you if you refuse to share your personal information with us especially if the data is necessary for service provision.
Every customer has legal rights to their personal data. The following are your rights under the law and how we protect them.
|Legal right||How your rights are protected|
|The right to be informed||This page has been created to inform you how your data is corrected, stored, and processed. We always try our best to ensure you know everything about the data we hold about.
All questions about your data will be answered with complete transparency by our support team.
|The right to access||You can access the information we hold about you at any time. Please contact our support department if you need help accessing your information.|
|The right to rectification||You can change any information we hold about you if it is incomplete or inaccurate.|
|The right to erasure.||You have the right to be forgotten. As long as there is no unfinished business between you and our company, you can request us to delete all information we have about you. Your information will be deleted as we no longer have the right to keep or process the information.|
|The right to restrict processing||You have the right to stop us from using the data we hold about it. This means that we can still hold your data but we cannot process it further.|
|The right to data portability||You have the right to obtain and reuse the data we hold about you safely and securely without affecting the usability of your data.|
|The right to object||You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data even if it is based on our legitimate interest, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing, or for the purpose of statistics (data aggregation)|
|The right to withdraw consent||You can withdraw your consent and stop us from processing your data at any time. The processing of your data should stop immediately.|
|The right to complain to a supervisory authority||You have the right to send your complaints to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) but this should be after you have complained to our dispute resolution department and they fail to solve your problems.|
For any of the above issues, you can contact us at any time through live chat, email, message on your order page, or you can call us through the phone numbers provided on this website.
Links to Other Websites
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, we do not allow the use of our services and websites by anyone younger than 16 years. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 years has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
If you are under 16 years, you must have permission from a parent or guardian before sharing any personal data with us. If appropriate permission has not been received, we reserve the right to cancel all transactions and services and remove all personal data that you have supplied. Once you get the appropriate permission, you can resubmit your personal information.
Please be smart and use all possible protection means to avoid becoming a victim of cybercrime. To be on the safe side, DO NOT communicate your private information when chatting with your writer and always log out if you connect to any public networks or any time you use devices that are also used by other people
The Laws and Regulations
The following laws govern personal data protection in the UK.
- The Data Protection Act of 1998
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons concerning the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EU (General Data Protection Regulation)
The Information Commissioner’s Office is an independent authority that upholds the rights of information on public interest in the United Kingdom.
We maintain the right communication with all our customers about their orders as well to communicate with you about special offers and other services. This is only done once we have determined that the information or offers are relevant to you based upon previous orders. If you are not interested in the special offers, you may choose to stop receiving these notifications at any time by replying to the email sent to you.
In most cases, we will communicate to you via email, call, or a message on your personal order page. As a client, you can contact us via any of the available modes of communication as stated on our “contact us” page.
Feel free to contact us through the email address and phone number provided on our website for questions or assistance at any time of the day or night. It is also safe to live chat with our online agents who are available 24/7.