Posted: February 26th, 2023
1 KG689 Graduate Internship Preparation Lesson Plan: Week 7 Dr. D. Tennyson, DBA
The Job Search - Learning About Job Search Strategies
Week 7 Learning objectives (Harris, 2021)
Upon completion of week 7 assignments and discussion forum responses students
should be able to:
• Explain the importance of personal branding as part of the job search
• Prepare a professional LinkedIn profile and utilize the tools and features to position the profile or their chosen career path
Week 7 Discussion Forum (Harris, 2021)
1. Watch the following videos:
Here is a series YouTube videos on using LinkedIn for your job search:
Chapter 1: Setting up an Account
Chapter 2: Creating a Profile—that stands out!
Chapter 3: Connections/Recommendations
Chapter 4: Joining/following companies and groups
2. After watching these videos, comment on what skills and knowledge you would focus on when building your personal branding information for a potential job interview.
3. Respond to at least two other students’ posting in this forum.
Week 7 Assignment (Harris, 2021)
1. List your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats then discussion how
your chosen career path will maximize your strengths and minimize your
weaknesseshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYlPDRZJDY&t=17s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDOvkcP_XmM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-dI1OUoBK0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVwWSCwntgU&t=19s
2 KG689 Graduate Internship Preparation Lesson Plan: Week 7 Dr. D. Tennyson, DBAThe Job Search - Learning About Job Search Strategies
Harris, R. M. (2021). Sections and Assignments Developed by Dr. Roberta M. Harris,
Associate Vice President, King Graduate School, Monroe College
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.