Posted: February 26th, 2023
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Choose a pharmacological agent that has been on the market less than 5 years.
1. Research the literature and obtain two to three resources for current, evidence-based information related to the pharmacological agent.
2. Develop a teaching brochure and one page paper following these guidelines.
a. Brochure for nurses- Focus on nurses for literacy level
· Key/Relevant Drug Information
· Drug Class
· Mechanism of Action
· Drug Administration and Dosage
· Drug Interactions
· Lab effects/interference
· Special Consideration
· Patient Education Considerations(35 points/35%)
· Nursing Management· Patient Education Considerations
· Patient Assessment
· Side Effects/Adverse Effects/Toxicities
· Special considerations- provide examples specific to client age needs- geriatric, pediatric and pregnant client
· Visual Effects/Creativity points
· Developed per the required standard
· Appropriate for the intended audience
· Flesch-Kincaid reading level seventh grade or lower
· Graphics enhance the purpose of the brochure
· Brochure is visually appealing
b. One Page Paper
· Describes intended use of brochure
· Describe how brochure information would be revised if intended brochure audience had a low health literacy level.
· Reference page
c. APA Format
· Includes no more than 3 unique errors with APA format (current ed.)
· At least two (2) scholarly, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided
d. Writing and Mechanics
· Clearly written
· Includes no more than three unique errors of grammar
· Includes no more than three unique errors in writing mechanics
· Paper is one page, excluding references and title page
For writing assistance, visit the Writing Center.
Please note that your instructor may provide you with additional assessments in any form to determine that you fully understand the concepts learned in the review module.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.