Posted: February 26th, 2023
Please see files attached
3 assignments included
Integrated Example Projects
Suburban Homes Construction Project
Refer to the project charter from Chapter 3 and the WBS in Chapter 7. The initial scope as identified in the project charter is mentioned below.
Building a single-family, partially custom-designed home as required by Mrs. and Mr. John Thomas on Strath Dr., Alpharetta, Georgia. The single-family home will have the following features:
· 3,200 square-feet home with 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms
· Flooring—hardwood on the first floor, tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms, carpet in the bedrooms
· Granite kitchen countertops, GE appliances in the kitchen
· 3-car garage and external landscaping
· Ceiling—10 feet on the first floor and vaulted 9-feet ceilings in bedrooms
In the previous chapter (Chapter 7), you were asked to develop a WBS. If you have not already done so, Suburban Homes is requesting that you complete the WBS to several levels such that the lowest level represents work packages and activities. Also, you need to make sure that no work components are missing to deliver the project outcome: a single-family home. You are asked to exclude the project management part of it and instead focus on the what aspect of the project and not on the how aspect of the WBS. Once the WBS is completely developed, please perform the following tasks:
Tasks to Complete
· Expand the WBS (Chapter 7) so that work packages or activities are defined at the lowest level.
· Develop a project schedule at the lowest level of WBS work elements after defining logical relations.
· Estimate durations of each element in the network.
· Compute forward pass and backward pass to determine project duration.
· Determine critical path for the project.
Heritage Arboretum Development Project
As of writing this book, four releases of six months each have been accomplished, and a fifth six-month release is in progress. By agreement with various stakeholders, future releases will be every twelve months, with new planting only during autumn. A substantial amount of progress has been made as can be seen by the Kanban board in Exhibit 8.28.
Exhibit 8.28 Arboretum Project Kanban Board
Create communication plan
Identify potential species to add
Select additional species
Determine sites for more planting
Conduct garden tour
Record video tour
Take additional photos
Add more info to website
Remove more invasives
Conduct routine maintenance
Create more partnerships
Plan and conduct programming
Update master plan
Remove invasives along woods edge
Transplant 5 species from other site
Plant trees along drive
Identify new species along woods edge
Assess size and condition of trees
Update site map
Print and post large high-res map
32 original species identified
22 additional species planted
Deer protection installed
Signs with QR codes placed
ArbNet certification achieved
High-res site map created
Master plan created
Tree conclave conducted with state forester
Buffer zone planting started
Hazardous trees cut
Science teacher meeting conducted
Website with map, pictures, and descriptions created
Trustees plant two trees
Announcements made in local media
1. Why do you think the decision was made to change to a twelve-month release instead of a six-month release?
2. In what order would you suggest completing the in-progress activities? Why?
3. If your product owner limits you to three stories from your to-do list for the next iteration, which would you choose and why? If the limit is five stories, which would you choose and why?
4. Given what you know about this project from the previous chapters, what additional stories should be added to the to-do list, and which, if any of these, would you recommend be included in the next release?
1. Create a scope statement like Exhibit 7.3 for a project in which you plan an event on your campus.
1. Identify key quality project plan steps that you feel should be included within a typical overall project plan. Be sure to include quality items throughout the project plan life cycle.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.