Posted: February 26th, 2023
Photography and Cinema
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 11
· Lesson 1, 2
· Minimum of 1 primary or scholarly source (from a photographer or critic – either will count as your scholarly source requirement for discussions)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, address one of the following options:
Option 1: In the 19th century, the camera was a revolutionary invention, and many artists were concerned about the effect that photographs would have on the art world.
· Did the invention of the camera change the arts? Why or why not?
· Choose an artistic movement that you believe was influenced by the camera and discuss how the movement was affected.
· Include at least one example of an artist and artwork in your response.
· Include a statement from a current photographer or critic to support your points.
Option 2: In the 21st century, the smartphone camera changed the way we use and view photography. In addition, apps and social media have changed the way we share photography.
· How has the invention of the smartphone camera changed photography?
· How have apps and social media changed the way we share photos? Are they positive and/or negative changes? Explain.· Include a statement from a current photographer or critic to support your points.
· Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
· APA format for in-text citations and list of references
CO 1: Identify the content, forms, and/or techniques of work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 2: Analyze the content, forms, and/or techniques of a work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 3: Explain the historical/cultural/social context in which a work was created.
CO 4: Classify works of art using different approaches (by discipline, genre, style, period, etc.) in order to contextualize the works and relate them to a variety of influences.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.