Posted: February 26th, 2023
Social Media Plan
Social Media Plan
This portfolio work project, a social media plan and PowerPoint presentation, will help you demonstrate competency in developing effective social media plans that build awareness, customer relationships, and customer loyalty.
For this assignment, choose either
. You do not need to do both. You will apply one of these scenarios in the
below. Both options will be graded using the same scoring guide.
You are an owner of Spokin’ Wheels, a locally owned bicycle shop with two locations. While your original location has been in business for several years, your second location has only been open a few months. The bicycle shops sell new and previously owned major brand bicycles. The shops also provide repairs, offer a small line of bicycle accessories and clothing, and organize group rides on Sunday mornings. You and your business partner both want to have a solid social media plan in place to grow the shops.
If you chose Option 2 for the Unit 3 assignment, use the same business for this assignment, or select a different business. Note that it is recommended that you use the same business for each assignment in this course, using the following criteria for your selection:
- The company fits the assignment requirements.
- You can complete your assignment without disclosing confidential company information.
Contact your instructor with questions.
You are one of two owners of Spokin’ Wheels. Your background is primarily in marketing. Your business partner’s background is in operations. While she is focused on making the internal customer-facing processes as efficient as possible, you are working on writing the social media plan.
Your boss, a director, has tasked you with creating a social media plan. He is relying on you to prepare an analysis that can be presented to the executive team of the company. You completed a special project for him a few months ago that went very well. You are pleased to have received this new assignment.
Develop a social media plan and a PowerPoint presentation of your plan for your selected company. At a minimum, address the following elements:
- Analyze customer segmentation characteristics.
Develop two personas to portray your company’s customers based upon that analysis.
- Analyze appropriate social media platforms for developed personas.
Analyze at least two platforms that will be most effective for the personas you developed. Describe why you think they will be effective.
Analyze at least two platforms that are not likely to be effective for this niche customer. Describe why you think they would not be effective.
- Develop a social media plan based upon the personas and platforms selected. Respond to the following:
What platforms will your company use to drive traffic to your website?
What will customers be able to do once they are on your website?
How will these platforms engage with the customer?
What challenges do you anticipate in implementing your social media strategy? How will you overcome those challenges?
- The social media plan must be at least 8 pages in length, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- The PowerPoint presentation must include at least 8 slides.
Select a PowerPoint slide template appropriate for a professional presentation. Base your presentation on your social media plan, and include the supporting narrative as speaker's notes. Do not overbuild your slides; information that supports what you will be saying should appear as speaker's notes.
Save your finished PowerPoint in Notes view as a PDF. Be sure you can see both the slides and your notes. Upload the PDF file to the assignment area rather than the PowerPoint (PPT) file.
Related company standards:
- The social media plan and PowerPoint presentation are professional documents and should therefore follow the corresponding MBA Academic and Professional Document Guidelines (available in the MBA Program Resources), including single-spaced paragraphs.
- Include at least two properly cited visual elements (for example, a table, figure, or picture).
- Use at least six scholarly or academic sources, where applicable, one of which must come from the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, or MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Use APA format for references.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze how marketing theories and models inform marketing strategies in the interactive marketplace.
Analyze customer segmentation characteristics.
- Competency 3: Evaluate the impact of relevant data on digital marketing strategies and techniques that support organizational outcomes.
Analyze appropriate social media platforms for developed personas.
- Competency 4: Analyze how social media can be leveraged to drive awareness, customer relationships, and customer loyalty.
Develop a social media plan based upon the personas and platforms selected.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.
Your instructor will provide feedback as they were the recipient of your deliverable in the workplace, using the scoring guide. Refer to the scoring guide to ensure you meet the grading criteria before submission