Posted: February 26th, 2023
Please see attachment.
Answer the questions pertaining to Psychopharmacology. A minimum of one paragraph per question. ADDRESS ALL PARTS OF THE QUESTIONS. Questions must be answered in detail and provide references if any are used.
1. Describe the original set of antipsychotic medications.
2. Describe the difference (pharmacologically--DA receptors...) between the original antipsychotic medications and the atypical antipsychotic medication.
3. Argue for one valid reason a schizophrenic patient would rather ask for Haldol over Clozapine (hint: side effects discussion). Be descriptive! Hint: look to one particularly dangerous side effect.
4. Describe a new antipsychotic on the market: Caplyta (Lumaterperone). What is it, how does it work in the brain (what does it affect in the brain), and what is it used for?
5. REAL-WORLD ISSUE: Describe any newer medications for psychotic disorders that are different from the typical and atypical antipsychotics (release date 2017 or newer).
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.